- Patchouli with mandarin and lime (works great with most citrus oils)
- Here's a Lush recipe (used in their Amazonian Massage Bar) patchouli, ylang ylang, orange blossom absolute, and tangerine oil are the main ingredients mixed in shea & coconut butters.
- Patchouli and rose is soft and romantic. Add bergamot for a different tone
- Patchouli and lavender changes the lavender smell and makes it more earthy (a popular scent with men)
- Patchouli, juniper and pine (this is a combination found in some Aveda products!)
- For a very sensual blend - patchouli, jasmine, neroli and rose (you could also add ylang ylang if you want a bigger floral hit)
- For a spicy kick, try this blend - patchouli, white camphor, lavender, orange, chili, eucalyptus and black pepper
- Traditional blends are patchouli and sandalwood, patchouli and frankincense and patchouli and jasmine